::NAV BAR::

home about contact

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Frock Me! Brighton Vintage Fair

Frock Me! Brighton Vintage Fair 

The Brighton Vintage Fashion Fair took place at the Brighton Dome on May 1st; it cost £2 to get in and once in it was full of beautiful fashion stalls. I found that most of the stalls sold similar items, only a few had anything different for sale. I would have liked to of seen stalls selling items inspired by vintage pieces, to give a fresh spin on the past and show creativity.

I managed to take quite a few photographs, even though i felt uncomfortable doing so. I wanted to get some inspiration for my Doll Doll Dolly pieces and see if i could learn anything from the pieces i saw, how they were made, use of colour etc.

My favourite pieces of the day were the newspaper vintage shirt, a lace parasol and the embroidered bodice dress. These were the items that stood out as i walked around, weaving through the stalls and taking everything in.

The things i learnt during my trip to the fair were the use of rich colour and luxurious fabrics. I think i need to source better materials, be more creative with my designs and improve my general technique.








0 comments:

Post a Comment