::NAV BAR::

home about contact

Thursday 24 November 2011

New work!

I have been working really hard for my Frighten Brighton stall making cushions, corsages and printing Christmas cards. I have never been so busy and I am absolutely loving every minute of it. I am feeling it of course, but I am working through the headaches and the pain because I get so much out of it. I thought I would share some photos of what I have been working on.


SCREAM!
This week I made the Jason mask and I have been looking for other iconic horror villains to make into scary cushions. I watched Scream 4 on Saturday night and I was surprised that I forgot how iconic the mask has become! Monday morning I sketched the mask and made a stencil for my cushion. I had a few problems with the tension on my mashine, pleather is a real pain to sew at times. I finally got it semi right and I finished the cushion today. I am pretty happy with it and it looks a little spooky sitting on the bed. 














Corsages!
I ordered some buttons from a random seller in Asia and after waiting for what seemed an eternity they arrived this week. I was really happy with the quality and I was instantly inspired to make corsages! I make a lot of fabric corsages for fascinators, but I decided to make brooches with a corsage frame I sat on my bed with my sewing kit and put on Swiss Family Robinson! What a great way to spend an afternoon! Sewing, films, tea and relaxation. I love how they turned out and I am excited to sell them. 


Hair Slides!
My favourite! I love making hair slides! Little gems in a girls hair, effortlessly stylish and lots of fun. I have a few of the skull buttons in my sewing kit, but I have never never used them for hair slides. I decided to add two little beads as eyes for a bit of fun. I am going to make them in a variety of colours

.

I have become hungry for more and I have decided that I am going to try and start my own business. I feel slightly surprised at myself for even considering it! I have been reading material online, what I need to research, business plans and the problems finding money. It's a lot of work! It will take time and a great deal of effort, but I think it will be worth it! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment