::NAV BAR::

home about contact

Tuesday 30 August 2011

My Dress Disaster!

This week I have been working on a new dress which took a turn for the worst. The pattern I used was from the1980's and I knew that the dress could be a little dated. I carried on and everything was going really well. I found some awesome fabric which I thought would give the dress a new identity. My sewing was perfect and I followed the patterns instructions carefully, but once the dress was done it looked rather odd. The cut of the dress isn't flattering in the slightest and I was extremely disappointed.

I have decided to take the dress apart, fix the pattern myself and make the dress flattering to the female form. I am going to take the skirt up, take in the back panels and shorten the waist. I hope these steps will save my dress from the scrap fabric bin! I will not fail!

Ok, so far my dress hasn't gone to plan but if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.











0 comments:

Post a Comment