::NAV BAR::

home about contact

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Doll Doll Dolly Projects

Doll Doll Dolly Bunting! 
I spend an awful amount of time making corsages and I felt like I needed a break from the norm. I decided to make some bunting for my stall for the Cally festival. http://thecallyfestival.com/thecallyfestival/about



I went into the fabric shop not really knowing what fabrics I wanted, but when I saw these matching polka dot fabrics I was sold. My stalls always have a girlie vibe with a vintage flair.  I think its important to display your  product well and make it clear what you're all about













I begun by making a stencil so all the triangles would be the same size. I made letter stencils and pinned them to the fabric for cutting. I was ready to go! I really liked the idea of creating texture, so I added lots of crazy rough stitching using my sewing machine. The colours looked really pretty and I was really excited to see the finished product. I sewed the bunting together, attached the bias tape and then ironed out the creases. Ta Da! The bunting went down really well at the Cally Festival which made my day. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment