::NAV BAR::

home about contact

Thursday 29 December 2011

New Year = Fresh Start


I am extremely excited to see the back of 2011-my year has been a positive but stressful one, full of highs and lows, more lows if I am completely honest. I had to put my career plans on hold and take care of myself, which was a difficult decision to make. The last 3 months have been extremely positive, I have picked up where I have left off and I am really pushing for Doll Doll Dolly! The new year is an opportunity to concentrate on planning a business and actually set the ball rolling- hallelujah!

I have a visions of what my business will be as a finished product, but the challenge is getting started. Planning a business is an extremely stressful, tiring experience and I am not sure how my health is going to cope. I will have to take things nice and slow, plan and manage myself carefully, so I can achieve my goals. I really don't have a clue where to start. I have downloaded some craft business books for some guidance, however they don't tell you where to start. The start is your idea, a detailed brainstorm of what you want to achieve. My next move is to do my market research, who is my competition? Will my idea have a chance of succeeding in the current market? Do I need to adjust my ideas to have more chance of success? So many questions need answering before my next move- finance!

I am moving to a new town in the new year, with my boyfriend Dan. I am thinking about moving my business with me, which means I will need to adjust my plans even more! I was thinking of basing my business in Brighton, but this will pose a problem with travelling and other conflicting businesses. This move is pretty unexpected and exciting, it's a fresh start in a new place and fingers crossed a career. My health is a major factor in all my plans. I can't jeopardise all the work I have done to get to this point, it's scary because I have know idea how next year will pan out. I know I have great people behind me, my boyfriend and my family. I know whatever happens I will have support from them and my Doll Doll Dolly motivation behind me.

Goodbye 2011! I hope 2012 will be a good year for you all! Happy crafting! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment